Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another Day

I haven't exercised for twenty minutes a day, as I set for a goal. It seems that I am really in a depressed rut. I'd like to get out of it, but my new son has strep throat which keeps me up all night. It turns out that being exhausted isn't useful for bringing myself out of depression. I'm now beginning to see that I'm an emotional eater. However, I don't know why; it doesn't make any sense that I'd want or need more/different foods just because I'm depressed. I've always said I'm not an emotional eater, I just love food. OK, I get that I'm eating more this week so I must be an emotional eater. I have no idea what that means in the big scheme of things.

I want pizza because I'm sad.
I want Italian to celebrate.
I want ice cream for alone time.
I want margaritas to escape.
I want cheese puffs for a boredom buster.
I want cookies to taste the shortening on my lips.
I want doritos to comfort a sore throat.
I want chocolate for period week.
I want to feel with food.
I want to feel good with food.
I want to be made momentarily good with food.
I want food to be my happiness.
I want food to shelter my anger.
I want to to surround myself with the pleasure of food.
I want food to cocoon me so the world doesn't see me.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hugs to you girl... it's starting a good habit that is the hardest. Once you get started, you won't want to stop. Bundle up the kids and go for a walk. Pop in an exercise DVD and get moving. I promise it will help you feel better! As far as the emotional eating stuff, I totally get it. I find that when my kids are really driving me crazy, I want to run to the kitchen and put something bad in my mouth. That sounds so dumb but it's true. I don't understand what the point of it is either. Maybe I want comfort? I think replacing the bad habit with a good (or better) one is the key. Lately when I've needed that little escape, I've jumped on the computer and started reading blogs. YOu can do this!!