Sunday, May 11, 2008

Please? Inspiration?

I am really struggling with inspiration this week. I simply do not know what to write about. I love writing. In fact, I used to write poetry on a regular basis, but I got a case of writer's block that has now lasted beyond months. I hope this doesn't happen with my diet. I guess that would just be another excuse to gorge myself on chips and salsa, and I know I don't need inspiration to realize that I never want to do that again.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was quitting drinking (for the time being). I don't know how long that has been, but it was a pretty easy thing to give up. The hardest is being honest about it with my husband. I think he would prefer for me to occasionally drink, and I have a hard time saying that I don't want to do it anymore. I just blame it on the diet. It's a good excuse with some truth to it. I figured out that those Margaritas were adding, at least, a pound and a half a week. Funny, but no matter how easy the weight went on, it's much harder to take it off. If I was drinking 1.5 pounds of calories a week, how is it that I only lost one pound this week? I don't get it, but math has never been my strong point.

So, I was working on this marathon walking plan that I announced last week. I decided that since I was training with a marathon walking plan, I might actually like to walk a marathon. On an impulse I asked my mom if she wanted to walk a marathon with me. She said yes! The truth is I really don't know if my body can do that. I want it to, but I don't know if it really can. In the mean time, while I wait to see if my body holds up, I am training to walk the Columbus Marathon on Oct 19th of this year.

Mother's day was great! I hope everyone had a wonderful mom's day. A few weeks ago, I got a new lap top that was supposed to be my Mother's day present. However, I managed to squeeze out of my husband a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a new golden retriever puppy. I got my gifts early because my husband was out of town. For today, I spent the day with my kids which was really fun. It was raining so instead of going to the zoo we ate dinner and played at Chuck E Cheese. Also, my daughter made me breakfast which was shredded wheat with soy milk. She must have put at least a cup of Splenda on it. (Yummy?) Also, she forced down a half of cup of real fat chocolate milk. She tied me to the chair, and poured it down my throat. It was rough!

Last year on mother's day, I was visiting my son in Guatemala. This year, we are fortunate to finally have him home. He's been home for almost 6 months. These last months have been a whirl wind of excitement and stress as he has adjusted to his new life. (and we have adjusted to having a toddler around) I think that all this diet/health stuff is wonderful because it gives me energy to handle him. However, in hind sight I wish I'd did this before he got home. He is both physically and emotionally draining. (In a good way--Good because I am glad that he is home)

In the next couple of days, I just want to focus my energy on staying positive, drinking water and fitting in all of my workouts. I missed a twenty minute one and I feel...I don't know what I feel about it since I am typing this in lieu of working out. So tonight I have learned that nothing is as inspiring as a missed workout.

Update: It's morning time, and I got up and did the workout I missed! Yea!

4 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oh, do I ever understand the writer's block! I've had it with my fiction for a long time now. If I knew how to fix it,I'd share the magic secret with you, but I don't know it.

I'm really interested in the marathon walking plan. Please be sure to write about your progress!

Hope you have an excellent week!

Ready Maid said...

New laptop AND flowers AND breakfast cooked by children?? What a blessing!

Need a writing prompt every now and then?

Hang in there, Kiddo!

Grumpy Chair said...

Sounds like a great mother's day.

I used to blog daily including weekends and would get upset if I missed a day but lately just haven't felt up to writing and post about 4 times a week. No need to force it.


Your writer's block will pass.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day for you. Great goal for the walking marathon. Keep making healthy choices!
Path to Health