Thursday, May 1, 2008

7 Weeks to fit the Dreaded Dress

In almost 8 weeks from today, I am going to have to wear a formal dress. I'm not buying the dress till about 6 weeks from now. In the mean time, it's time to lose just a few more pounds. (I lost one this week for a total loss of 15.5 so far--slow, and sometimes steady) I scoured the Internet high and low for a workout schedule that I could use either at home or at the gym. I settled on this one from prevention.com http://features.prevention.com/walking/calendar/ It's seven weeks to a half marathon which is deceptive because the most that is required is a 7 mile walk at the end. I'm going to follow the schedule on workout times, but when in the gym I might count some of the minutes on a bike or elliptical trainer toward the walking times because I want to be able to make the most out of the gym. So, it may be 7 weeks to a half marathon, but I'd say it's 7 weeks to the dreaded dress day. (Perhaps the more I workout, the more I'll be able to muster up a little positivity for this whole buy a formal dress thing)

3 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I hereby predict that if you continue eating healthy and following that exercise plan, you are going to be in for a VERY pleasant surprise when you try on that dress. :)

Ready Maid said...

(Head bowed, palms up.) May I suggest that one small tweak in your perception might help your progress? Instead of visualizing the "dreaded" dress fitting, how about forming a crystal clear image of your body fully cooperating with your intention to look and feel beautiful in six weeks as you step into a dress made to accent your best qualities?
EnJOY the journey!

Holly said...

Good luck on all of your goals! Keep focused and you'll be just fine!! Let's stay motivated in May!!