Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No Grazing Here!

This morning, I was so excited to jump on the scale. I couldn't wait to rip off my clothes and see my three pound loss. In my heart, I knew it was going to be a great loss. Apparently, my heart forgot to speak with my body fat because I only lost a half a pound. This morning I wanted to scream! How could this be? Actually, I didn't really consider the question, "How could this be?" until after my shower where I threw the loudest temper tantrum imaginable in the privacy of my imagination. When I finally got around to asking myself what happened. The answer wasn't pretty. I have been grazing on my kid's food all day and every day. If they have a handful of crackers, I allow myself three. If I pour them a bowl of cereal, I take a few of the sugar coated peanut butter balls and pop them in my mouth. Any way, this week's goal is to stop eating a nibble of everything my kids eat.

2 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

When nibbles attack! :) I'm sorry you didn't get the loss you hoped for, but you still had a loss in spite of those nibbles. Good for you for that, and for figuring out so quickly what the "problem" is. Next week will be better, I'm sure.

R.Shack said...

Ooo, that stinks... I totally understand though. I try to prepare for those attacks by having a snack ready to go when I'm getting their snack ready so I'm eating mine and not theirs (like carrots or an apple) or if I haven't prepared enough, then I just grab some gum. I hate being dependent on gum, but I guess it's better than the alternative!