Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I've made some small changes in my diet this week. I just wanted to eat healthy, and that is what I did. I did not count points. Half way through the week, I was eating mostly core type foods. (That is the opposite of the flex plan in weight watcher's lingo) Any way, I'm kind of on my own plan where I am just eating healthy foods. The weight watcher's core site is amazing for help with how to do this. So I am taking what I want from weight watcher's core plan and throwing the rest out. Like I said, I am really trying hard to eat healthy foods like fruits, veggies, lean meats, whole grains and fat free dairy. It's been a hard change and wonderful change. Since I'm not a big fan of cooking, I anticipate that it will get harder and not easier till I get organized with my cooking. Also, I am really focused on feeling the sensation of both hunger and fullness. That's what I'm doing, and I lost 2.5 pounds this week doing it.

3 comments:

Hanlie said...

Well done, Selma! Any plan that encourages you to take responsibility for yourself and focuses on the quality of the food more than the quantity is a winning plan in my book. Whole foods really are the way to health and weight loss. It may be an adjustment in the beginning, but you'll get there!

Congrats on the loss!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

This sounds like a wonderful approach! I love how 'in charge' you are, along with a healthy measure of mindfulness of the continuing difficulties. It's a recipe for success!

Holly said...

I'm glad that you are finding something that works for you! Great job!