Monday, March 10, 2008

Here Is My Before Picture

Just Kidding. We all know this isn't me. (Yet) However, I might not have her flat tummy, I do look almost as good as her in these great bras from Lane Bryant. (I actually own this one in this exact color) I went and got fitted for a bra and finally found my bra and my size. It was so worth it! I actually feel kind of sexy lately. I'm also addicted to bra shopping now.


Here is the scoop on getting fitted for a bra, in case there is anyone that doesn't know. I had no idea because I'd never been fitted.


They will measure you. However, the measurements don't for sure give you the exact size. You have to try on many bras to find the couple that will be a good fit for you. At Lane Bryant they had this wonderful woman that helped me. If your shy, you'll have to get over it because she does have to see you in the bra to make suggestions of bras that would be a better fit. I didn't like the idea of prancing around in front of another woman in my bra. Yet, it ended up being no big deal, and I couldn't have did it without her. She looks at women in their bras all day, and is kind of a bra expert.


I have to tell you that I always just guessed at my bra size so my boobs always looked like saggy water balloons underneath my clothes. I never even knew that you could try a bra on. I thought that you would have to try the bra on over the bra that one was already wearing. I felt so embarrassed asking how to try a bra on, but the lady was very professional and very supportive. It's official, everyone knows how big of a "nerd" I really am.


I now have over 10 bras that I absolutely adore. Not only that, I feel like the bra has taken ten pounds off me. I don't know why that is, but I'm hoping that I look as perky as I feel. LOL!


Here is the other thing I figured out about bras. You have to wash them in a bra bag to keep them good. It's a fish net bag that keeps the bras from getting tangled and ruined. I used to just throw them in the wash with everything else. Who knew...a bra bag?

Enough about bras, thanks for letting me share my new pink bra and bra tid bits with you.

5 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Love that bra!

Thanks for the behind-the-scenes look at the fitting experience. I've never had a bra fitting and wondered what it was all about.

Oh, and I've been washing my bras in with everything else, so you're not the only one. :)

Hanlie said...

If you had any idea in which pitiful state my bras are! I have to buy some new ones within the next month. Mine are falling apart, from not being washed in a bra bag! My mom always fastens her bras before washing them, which protects the other clothes...

I know people who wash all their bras by hand! Life's too short...

Grumpy Chair said...

I agree with Hanlie, life is too short to wash bras by hand. I just put them in the hand wash cycle of the washing machine.

I think Lane Bryant has great bras, but unfortunately, I'm short and have a short shoulder to bust distance, so the straps are always too long, even after adjusted.

Try a Wacoal bra just once (find them at Dillards) - you will love them.

Ready Maid said...

Ooooh, me, too!! I love that color. And thanks for the tip about the fishnet bag to wash. Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Nice bra! I'll have to go for a fitting. Now that I'm losing a little, it seems my current bras have a little space in them (sob! Hips go, not Bust!) Thanks for the info!