Monday, February 18, 2008

Going to the gym is part of my life...

(NOT!) However, this is what I tell myself while I've been there all week. I need it (fitness) to be a way of life. Today, I worked out for 54 minutes at the gym. Also, I did the 3 minute walk that Go Workout Mom posted on her site. Lately, I do this three minute walk almost every day. I figured out if I do it every day for a month that would be 90 minutes of extra walking which could be 3 workouts. Take a look at my fitness meter. Finally, the darn thing is moving. Cammy from the Tippy Toe Diet challenged people to set a fitness goal for the month and watch the workout minutes build up. Luckily, I set a small goal for this month since I waited to the middle of the month to begin. Never the less, I admit that I love dropping my son off at the gym day care while I go workout and watch Dr. Phil for an hour. Anyway, I tell myself everyday while I am sweating that this is my new life. The truth is I don't entirely believe it, but I think the more I do it, the more I say it, and the results that come from it will make it a habit for life.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Good for you for getting motivated and getting to the gym!! Once you start seeing and feeling the changes in your body from working out, you'll be addicted!

CindyPTN said...

Isn't that three minute workout pretty neat? I try to do it regularly. I love the little break of dropping the kids off at the gym child care too. I'm a channel surfer though, so I end up seeing too many small tidbits of shows while working out. It works though!