Thursday, February 21, 2008

1/2 Pound Loss...


I had a half pound loss. I admit that I was disappointed, but the truth is my disappointment stems from only 1 reason. I have a wedding I have to be in at the end of June. I'd love to not feel like the Pillsbury dough gal for it. Other than that, I am happy losing it a half pound at a time. I have in my mind that the total weight loss could take two years. So for this week, I took a small trophy instead of the larger version of it that I usually take.

Speaking of dough girls. I was at the gym yesterday for another 60 minute workout (YEA!!). I was reminded of the reason my mom said she hated going to the gym. She hated that there are so many mirrors at the gym. It was one thing, she said, to workout, but quite another to have to watch herself jiggle as she did her workouts. I was on a sitting stationary bike, directly in front of the mirror. Guess what stood out. A pair of the largest, monstrous thighs I ever saw. Darn it all, I think those packs of fat were mine. I might have to avoid the bike because I don't do mirrors. I'm only half serious because I probably will do the bike today, but I can't wait till they look a bit less Godzilla like.

6 comments:

Felicia said...

Congrats on your 1/2lb loss! Its a 1/2 lb in the right direction!!

Have a SUPER day!
*huggles*
=0)

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congrats on the weight loss this week, as well as your exercise commitment. I have not yet wrapped my head around the fact that I have to move my butt. Ah well. Baby steps. Hope you have a great week!

HappyBlogChick said...

Congrats on the loss!

I hate the mirrors at the gym for cardio, but they're great for strength training. It helps so much in correcting form and thus avoiding injury. When I'm on the treadmill or other cardio torture device, I try to look away, though.

Hanlie said...

That's one thing I really appreciate about my gym... they're not big on mirrors.

Well done on the loss! Half a pound per week is steady progress! You're doing great!

Grumpy Chair said...

When I do aerobics, the room the gym uses has 2 walls completely mirrored. And of course, I judge myself and think I look huge.

But, I know if I keep it up, I won't look like that forever, so I look forward to the not so fat girl in the mirror.

An 1/2 pound weight loss this week is still a weight loss and a win in my book.

Ready Maid said...

I'm SO with you on the mirrors. Thank goodness our gym has an area for treadmills and ellipticals that doesn't face the silver devils. Gotta admit, though, I'm learning to be as nice to myself as I am to other people. And that includes not criticizing or fault-finding, but looking for the good and complimenting that.

Congrats on your consistent workouts!