Monday, March 3, 2008

Almost 2 weeks...

off program. I am getting back on. It has been a very rough 2 weeks. I got bronchitis which amounts to me not being able to breathe, and coughing all night so I didn't get any sleep. On top of that my son was running a fever for over 7 days. We are both better. I still have a bit of bronchitis, but it's better than before. My son is mostly better. However, now my daughter is running a temp. It seems to not end lately. Here's what I did good and bad.

1. I got off program and ate like a cow occasionally.

2. Sometimes I actually said no to food even though I was off prorgam.

3. I consciously made the decision to stop going to the gym which was a good thing because the only way for me to get over bronchitis is to let my lungs rest. I think my latest bout with bronchitis is a reminder to me to stay not smoking. I sometimes fear that I've did permanent damage because I get bronchitis more than 4 times a year every year lately. When it happens I hack all night and I can hear my lungs cackle. However, the other good news is, this bout was less severe than usual although just as lengthy.

4. I stopped drinking water, and need to do that to get better. With bronchitis it's all about rest and fluids. Today's goal is to drink a ton of water.

5. Starting today I am back OP, probably with some gain, but at least I am showing up for roll call.

6. I didn't make my minutes goal for February's fitness. However, I know I would have if I hadn't gotten sick. I am going to start going back to the gym in a day or two. I think I still need just a little more physical rest.

7. The Biggest Loser got canceled at the gym due to low enrollment. I was big time disappointed in that, but I"ll just have to keep chugging away by myself.

2 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Glad to have you back! You'll make up the lost time before you know it! Remember: gently, gently...

CindyPTN said...

Everyone seems to have gotten sick. Way to take a break and rest. Things will fall right back into place as you return to health. Try not to be too hard on yourself.